Website Logo Website CSPPC
ST PAUL'S CHURCH

Back in the 15th Century this was the heart of a small Manor which included most of the farms and houses of Horn Hill as well as lands in Chalfont St Peter. Up till this time the Manor was held by members of the Lynster family but by 1520 it had passed to the
Hospital of the Savoy. In due course the lands of the Savoy became Crown Property. Around 1553 Kind Edward VI gave the Manor of Lynsters to St. Thomas’ Hospital, London.

Horn Hill was an active agricultural community, providing for the growing food needs of the capital. Farming was a labour intensive business and by the middle of the 19th Century the Vicar of Chalfont St Peter, the Rev. George Gleed M.A. B.D. (1830 - 63) realised that a Chapel of Ease to the Parish Church had become desirable. Gleed was said to be a wealthy man and also by reputation a regular at late night card parties with the Hibberts at Chalfont House. Plans were drawn up for St Paul’s Church, the land given by St Thomas’s Hospital, the money provided by subscription and a legacy left by George Gleed. The church was consecrated in 1865 so he never saw the completion of his plan. More History can be found here.

An outline of our normal services is set out below, but please visit our calendar for an up to date list of what is happening in the Parish Church and around the Parish.

ST PAUL'S CHURCH
Sunday 4.00pm Evensong
    Holy Communion (4th Sunday)
St Pauls Church
St Pauls Church
Please click on the images to enlarge!
Curved Bottom